Our highly demanding and complex society has lots of environmental and emotional stress agents to deal with that can lead to physical, behavioral and mental problems. These disorders can be triggered by the following health offenders:
1. Lack of essential minerals (and why it’s often hard to detox from heavy metals and halogens) – nowadays magnesium, iodine, other essential (trace)minerals and nutrients are for a great deal lacking in our food. When the body has insufficient minerals, it chooses to replace those minerals with ‘less quality’ minerals, such as halogens that happen to be around in the body. For instance in times of iodine shortages in the body fluoride and bromides bind to the receptor sites of the membrane of brain, thyroid cells, etc. because they have similar atomic size and molecular structure to iodine. By doing so the body tries to maintain an iodine involved process of important chemical chain reactions. Although not very happy with the poor replacement of iodine into halogen the body can proceed metabolic function in some way. Lack of essential nutrients, such as iodine or magnesium therefore makes it more difficult to get rid of halogens and heavy metals because they are temporary needed to ‘hold on’ in a metabolic chain reaction.
Mineral deficiencies can trigger chronic depression, feelings of fear and stress.
2. Toxins – It is amazingly easy to achieve serious toxicity in both our houses and bodies without even knowing. I) Toxicity from metals and halogens such as mercury, which can be found in vaccines, fish, amalgam teeth fillings (if a pregnant woman has or had amalgam fillings, a substantial amount of mercury will be intra uterine absorbed by the fetus – especially in high amounts by the first child!), PBDEs (= Polybrominated diphenyl ethers) which is a chemical flame retardant used in textiles, plastics and resins, aluminium which is used in deodorants, vaccines, cosmetics, aluminium pots and pans; lead water pipes, lead-based paint,
II) toxic gases which can be found e.g. household cleaning detergents, carpets, industrial waste; III) Aluminium, cadmium, barium and strontium are also sprayed in air space being declared as a way to engineer global climate (Geoengineering).
IV) Glyphosate (Pesticides) such as roundup and 2,4-D, largely used in agriculture, works synergestic with other toxins such as aluminium and heavy metals. Glyphosate imitates glycine. It opens gut and brain barrier and capsulates alumium, which thereby can not be recogenized by the immune system and ‘freely’ goes to the brain and pineal gland. Glyphosate chelates minerals which therefor become ineffective. Glyphosate disrupts the shikimate pathway in plants and microorganisms. Gut bacteria have this pathway and are making important essential amino acids – we depend on this pathway for tryptophan. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin, melatonin and melanine. Glyphosate also disrupts the GABA effectivity, which can inhibit exitotory neurotransmitters. The endocrine disrupting properties of glyphosate can lead to neurological disorders, learning disabilities (LD), attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD), autism (ASD), dementia, alzheimer’s, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
New research findings demonstrate the impact vitamin D deficiency may have on social behaviour with regards to autism. Serotonin, oxytocin and vasopressin that affect social behaviour, are all activated by vitamin D hormone. Autism, which is characterized by abnormal social behaviour, has previously been linked to low levels of serotonin in the brain and to low vitamin D levels, but no mechanism has linked the two up till now.
V) Parabens commonly used as preservatives in cosmetics, VI) fluoride present in tap water and other products e.g. toothpaste and even canned food!, VII) artificial food colouring, VIII) Excitotoxicity by Glutamate: a pathological process by which nerve cells are damaged or killed by excessive stimulation by neurotransmitters,
VIIII) Phthalates found in plastic water bottles, supermarket & parking lot receipts which are indocrine (hormone) disruptors.
X) Vaccination programs
Simultaneous administration of multiple vaccines nowadays given to babies and small children, overwhelms the immune system extensively and disrupts metabolism processes. Natural detoxification pathways get overloaded, which makes it difficult to get rid of heavy metals, halogens and pathogens. This enlarges the risk of bowel and brain inflamation, which are important triggers for developing emotional and mental disorders. Vaccines can contain prions (an infectious agent composed entirely of protein materials), glyphosates, halogens, heavy metals, pathogens and other toxins. Consuming bioindustry products, especially meat products will also increase toxic build up from the vaccines administered to the bioindustry animals, and will add to glyphosate, halogens, pathogens and heavy metal levels.
3. Pathogens - As early as the 1960s it was already known that neurological and psychiatric illnesses where related to spirochete infections (bacteria). Some pathogens that are linked to emotional and mental disorders are: Borrelia, Rickettsia, Babesia, Bartonella, Epstein Barr virus, Toxoplasma gondii, Rabies virus, Treponema Pallidum and Mycoplasma.
A strong link has been found between Borrelia, co-infections (Lyme) and autism.
Pathogenic microorganisms are a burden to our system in many different ways. They are very intelligent and able to mimic neurotransmitters (signal molecules) which influence behavior and mood. Pathogens ‘steal’ nutrients like minerals and vitamins, without discriminating their origin: food or expensive multivitamins we buy to give ourselves an immune boost are all evenly absorbed by the impudent ‘guests’.
If there are heavy metals and other toxins on board, the body is weakened and more prone to pathogen invasion which will increase the risk of both physical and mental disease.
Pathogens, their biotoxins (waste products such as bacteria pee, poo and toxic defense mechanism secretions), endotoxins (toxic heat stable lipopolysaccharide-protein complexes released by lysis of the bacterial cell wall at death of bacteria) can be transmitted in many ways, even intrauterine (from mother to fetus) which instantly affects the unborn baby and – if not properly addressed – can challenge the overall physical and mental experience of well being for life.
(More information regarding toxicity, pathogens in relation to autism, mental and learing disorders, see links below*)
4. Diet and Dysbiosis - Symbiosis translates to ‘living in harmony’. Healthy gut bacteria are imperative to our overall health. In a healthy body a feedback loop is regulating equilibrium so no specific strain can dominate. Good gut bacteria help us with digestion, absorption, production of vitamins, control growth of harmful microorganisms, and keep the intestinal cells well fed by creating short chain fatty acids. Dysbiosis occurs when the pathogens (bad bacteria) take over. Dysbiosis can arise in the digestive system, but can happen anywhere in the body or on the skin. Infections from biotoxins and nutrient deficiency can have a devastating effect on the brain. Serotonin, an important neurotransmitter (from its precursor triptophan) which influences mood and memory is produced for 95% in the gut. If there is dysbiosis and inflammation serotonin production decreases which will lead to a chronic depression and can trigger anxiety and other mental disorders. The conditions can get actually worsened when antibiotics are used. They will kill a good amount of the bad bacteria in most cases, but also eliminate a great amount of the good bacteria and thereby weakens the immune system. Meat from the bioindustry which contains antibiotics (as well as hormones and glyphosates) impairs the immune system even further.
Recent study has shown a connection between autism and problems with the gut microbiome. There has been isolated a never before seen bacteria that is widely prevalent in the intestine of people with autism.
Pathogens are not only ‘the bad guys’. They can be partly beneficial to us. Human unfriendly minerals (such as heavy metals and halogens) for instance, are also listed on their menu, which they absorb (eat) and by doing so these toxins get incapsulated and are in that way less harmful to us. In general though, pathogenic infections, heavy metals and halogens can lead to physical and mental disorders.
5. Emotional Trauma: unsolved toxic emotions can get blocked in the body as well as stuck in the energy field (aura) and hide in the subconscious mind. Emotional blocked energy has its own frequency which disturbs and compromises one’s health. Toxic emotions can be transmitted from past generations energetically and an informational imprint can take place on both physical (genetic protein folding) and mental level. The specific individual tendency of neuronal excitement or inhibition of neuronal firing can be caused by conscious or unconscious experienced feelings and fixed emotions from parents and even from great grand parents past. These inherited tendencies can cause behavioural and chronic emotional problems. Energetically transmitted or self experienced trauma – even emerging at the very start of life – compromises the immune system, which can create health challenges on all levels. Epigenetic and PNI (psychoneuroimmunology) research on this phenomenon has confirmed that conscious and unconscious perception and felt sensations and emotions are influencing health and overall well being.
Mineral deficiency and toxic overload inhibits the capacity to connect in a healthy balanced way with the inner self and with one’s surroundings.
6. Electric magnetic frequencies (EMF) from Wifi, smart meters, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), wireless electrical devices, prenatal ultrasound scan, transvaginal scans (TVS), smart phones, etc.
The Electric Magnetic Frequencies emitted by above devices are making pathogens that hide in the body act much more aggressive. To defend themselves from EMF radiation pathogens excrete more toxins into the body. These toxins are also messing up bio-electrical and magnetic fields of all cells and neurons in particular.
Frequencies of prenatal ultrasound scans increase temperature of fetal tissue. A fetus is not able to regulate heat in the same way as post natals do. Instead there are certain heat shock proteins (HSPs) available that are activated in case of overheating (due to ultrasounds or severe fever from the mother). HSPs stop temporarely protein synthesis and increase risk of neural damage and other congenital malformations. There seems to be a strong link between EMF, ultrasound scan exposure and autism.
It has also been proven that EMF influences indoor mold growth. Neurotoxic mold excretions (gases) can cross the blood brain barrier and can cause central nervous system problems, such as cognitive, behavioral changes, ataxia, and convulsions.
Most disorders are systemic by origin. Toxic overload, exhaustion of detoxification pathways, disruption of hormone levels, alteration of neuro-transmitter expression and metabolism are …. physical, emotioal and mental health. Although there are typical DSM5 classifications, every diagnosed person is unique and has their own challenges and personal strenghts. This can be explained by the amounts and variety of combinations of all of above mentioned worrisome health offenders.
Although seemingly without any harm, we are all in some way mineral depleted, exposed to toxins and unfavorable frequencies every day, building up to potential illnesses! It might be difficult to see initially how physical and mental disorders are linked to the rising levels of environmental toxicity since its influence is seemingly silent and gradual.
Scientific evidence is now putting the dots more and more rapidly together unraveling how toxic burden on all levels is altering gene expression and metabolic processes rather than labeling disease as misfortune by having ‘bad gene heritage’.
Actually, we could say: sensitive and discomforted ones diagnosed with ASD, mental or learning disorders actually are the canaries in the coal mine …
So, it’s time to address and ACT towards all of those seriously causing disruptive agents RIGHT NOW!
Although many health issues being physical, emotional or mental are caused by the above mentioned serious burdens, they can be successfully treated.
Our practice offers a broad range of effective detoxification programs in addition to innovative therapeutic regimes to restore physical, mental and emotional equilibrium effectively.
In fact, we have seen many beautiful recoveries when clients and their family thought there was no cure available for them anymore …
For further information or online consultation call +31 (o)6 14 95 0123, or send us an email.
Naturopath, founder of The Power of Connection Foundation &
owner De Qi van West practice.
50 human studies in utero conducted in modern china
* Glyphosate Pretending to be Glycine: Devastating Health Consequences – Stephanie Seneff, PhD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNRfAfSeUk
* Role of Chronic Bacterial and Viral Infections in Neurodegenerative, Neurobehavioural, Psychiatric, Autoimmune and Fatiguing Illnesses: Part 2: http://www.bjmp.org/content/role-chronic-bacterial-and-viral-infections-neurodegenerative-neurobehavioural-psychiatric-a
* Oxytocin Influences Processing of Socially Relevant Cues in the Ventral Tegmental Area of the Human Brain: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006322313000395
* Oxytocin, testosterone, and human social cognition: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25631363
* Link between vitamin D treatment and autism prevention https://molecularautism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13229-017-0125-0
* Robert Sapolsky on Toxoplasmosis in relation to fear, anxiety and the dopamine system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3x3TMdkGdQ
* Toxoplasma Infection in Schizophrenia Patients: A Comparative Study with Control Group https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3279881/
* 50 Human Studies, in Utero, Conducted in Modern China, Indicate Extreme Risk for Prenatal Ultrasound: A New Bibliography- Jim West
* Do Bartonella Infections Cause Agitation, Panic Disorder, and Treatment-Resistant Depression? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2100128/
* Gastrointestinal flora and gastrointestinal status in children with autism–comparisons to typical children and correlation with autism severity https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21410934
* Increased abundance of Sutterella spp. and Ruminococcus torques in feces of children with autism spectrum disorder https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24188502/
* Pyrosequencing study of fecal microflora of autistic and control children https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20603222/
* Reduced incidence of Prevotella and other fermenters in intestinal microflora of autistic children https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23844187
* Intestinal microflora of autistic children https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21114016
* Fecal microbiota and metabolome of children with autism and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24130822